PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 9s impala computer trouble???

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 11:35 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS2 9s impala computer trouble???

I have an LS2 from a 2005 GTO in a 96 impala. Recently it just stopped firing up. It turns over strong, but it doesn't fire. I've changed the crankshaft and camshaft sensor, regulated fuel filter, fuel pump relay for the impala, and still no fire. I disconnected the pos and neg on the battery, then unplugged the computer (all 3 plugs and the one for the transmission computer, I'm assuming). I let it sit for about an hour, then plugged the computers up and then the battery. I turned the key over and it fired.... then died out 3 seconds later. I did it again and it fired for less than a second and refused to fire after that. It's kinda like my fuse box under the hood isn't getting power and i checked all my grounds and they were fine. I need help with this...
Old 10-29-2011, 12:33 PM
Teching In

anyone??
Old 10-29-2011, 05:38 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First thing I would check is fuel pressure - put a gage on it and see what it is with the key on.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:11 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BLK02WS6
First thing I would check is fuel pressure - put a gage on it and see what it is with the key on.

When it does get power, I can hear the fuel pump come on and "prime" the injectors for 2 seconds. Then it will crank then cut back off. After it cuts off the first time, when I try to crank it again, I don't hear the fuel pump come on, then i don't hear the coil packs ticking when its turning. When i completely unplug everything, and plug it back up, it cranks and runs, then cuts off maybe after 20sec. Lost.