Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle Body Oscillating on ls6 drive by wire

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 10:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle Body Oscillating on ls6 drive by wire

Got a 2004 CTS-V that I bought off a friend of mine. It had 127K and a miss in #7. Turns out my friend had run a lifter thru #7. Long story short I bought a new GM short block to get it back going and the throttle body is oscillating when you turn the key on or anytime through out the range when accelerator pedal is held in one position for any length of time. So as long as you are moving the pedal its fine but if you stop at any point no matter at 15% or 60% the TB starts oscillating. We have been working on this for a month. We have checked all the wiring, changed the TB, TPS, MAP, APP, TAC Module, some of the plug and it is kick our butts, We have went through any diagnostics step that the service manual told us to do and I can't figure it out. When the engine is cold you get several codes which seem to be sporadic from day to day and most of the time it puts you in REP mode. Once the car warms up you can clear the codes and you will not get anymore codes as long as the engine is warm. But the throttle body start isolating and you can see the voltage and percentage change on the tech2. Any thoughts.

Quick Reply: Throttle Body Oscillating on ls6 drive by wire