Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EFI Log...

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 09:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EFI Log...

Did a base run with EFI last night, was wondering if anyone would take a look at it for me and kind of give me an idea of how my car is running/acting. I am new to using EFI and knowing what everything means. Any help would be great. Thanks.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

sent a PM
Old 03-23-2004, 10:29 AM
TECH Addict

well if you got 0KR and the high octane map index is at 100% then you probably aren't doing so bad. I see 30.5degrees at 6000rpm (ramp from 25.5 @ 4600). I think it could take more since i never leave the 100% high map index and only time get 0.1KR is at low/part throttle which could be the packsuckahs doing their thing.

You kinda wanna strap that beotch in and go make some runs at the strip, where you can legally not get thrown in jail run the **** out of the car and hotlap and see whats really going on.
Old 03-23-2004, 05:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Vogonuts98z
Did a base run with EFI last night, was wondering if anyone would take a look at it for me and kind of give me an idea of how my car is running/acting. I am new to using EFI and knowing what everything means. Any help would be great. Thanks.
1st off your running lean at part throttle this makes you’re WOT runs rich… I know hard to understand but the computer adjust the WOT for the lean part throttle so it dumps in more fuel at WOT

You had no knock and your timing looks great all the way threw your WOT run.

Watch your ltrims; you want them to read just under 0, negative numbers, like -1 or -2

Your o2’s at WOT are reading around .940 to .950… this is rich… you want to try and get them around .885 to .900, if you start to see knock on your WOT runs, try getting them to the point where they read the lowest with out knock. O2 are not the most accurate things in the word. But the fact still stands once you get your ltrims in the negative range you should see the WOT 02 reading drop.

post back with all your mods? ported maf? you have an auto right? looks like it by the logs...
Old 03-23-2004, 06:30 PM
Teching In

My mods...P/P Maf, K&N filter, NGK 55's, FTRA, Jet Hot LT's, duals, !cats, !EGR, !AIR, MidWest 3400 stall, 3.42 gears. Some basic Edit tuning, had open headers at the time so nothing was really adjusted. I think that's it. The car feels pretty strong in 1st and 2nd, but it feels like it just pulls harder in 3rd. Might be me...didn't take it out that long in 3rd due to a stop sign rapidly approaching.