Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AIR code after air lid install

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2004, 03:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question AIR code after air lid install

Shortly after installing an air lid on the car a P1416 code showed up. I looked in the service manual for this code and it listed "Secondary AIR System Bank 2"

Would an air lid cause this code or I should I start diagnosing the AIR system for the problem? Any input would be helpful. Thanks
Old 03-27-2004, 04:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Let me preface this with stating that I'm a novice and the following is just a guess of what your problem may be.

First, I didn't get a code when I installed my air lid. So its probably not tuning related.

Second, I know the inlet hose for the A.I.R. pump connects to the original air lid, but does not connect to aftermarket air lids. Therefore, this hose just hangs in the engine compartment and gets its own filter. Since you're getting an A.I.R. related code I would check the inlet house for the A.I.R. pump to make sure its not blocked. That's the only common denominator between the air lid and the A.I.R pump that i can think of.

Again, this is just a wild guess.

Hope that helps,

Jim
Old 03-27-2004, 04:45 PM
TECH Addict

I got an aftermarket lid and added a filter on the end of my AIR hose. I've driven around fine without any codes.
Let me know if you need to see a pic with the filter on it.
Old 03-27-2004, 06:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Check the pass. side AIR check valve( the small metal canister in the AIR system) this is usually where you will find your problem. Better yet have the whole damn system deleted with edit.
Old 03-27-2004, 06:26 PM
Teching In

The AIR tube does connect back to my aftermarket lid so there's no need for a filter in my situation. I'm installing a H/C package next month and will need a tune. I'll just make sure the AIR system is ignored on the new tune. Thanks for the replys