PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EFI live, 160lb injs, E85, resistors, only runs WITHOUT the fuel pump on?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 02:41 PM
9 Second Club

Received 222 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Wicked69
Because I don't own HPtuners and cannot tune it with that. I didn't build the car to just drive around. 6.83 in the 1/8th is no where near what I built the car for. I own EFI live and want to be able to tune it with such. The only tuner is a 3 hr drive round trip and he happened to tune with HPtuners. The car was there for 3 weeks. I have no desire to do that to make a small change here and there. I want to be able to tune myself.

Again, maybe I am not explaining the correct. The tune you see for HP is what we pulled off my computer. That is NOT, NOT, NOT the hptune I tried to copy. I tried to copy the HPtune that I was told was in my pcm but when we read the pcm it had the IFR set at low numbers like 69 in the first table. Right or wrong that is the tune in the pcm that runs and runs good (not great)
You probably dont want to hear this but I would just start from scratch with EFI. You could always buy a base tune on here from a sponsor and then try to dial that in. I think what your trying to do with copying a hpt tune to efi is a losing up hill battle.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by minytrker
No when you do a custom os with HPT it locks out EFI, same if you do a custom os with EFI it locks out HPT.
good to know Lorenz.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:55 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I second minytrker's advice! You have a bunch of messed up tunes there and need to scrap them all and do it right! First thing you have to do is get the injector tables right and go from there. The injector tables in the one that starts the car with the fuel pump off are totally jacked...

Does the car have a vacuum referenced fuel pressure regulator? If so, it should have a flat injector flowrate table like your friend did - but don't use his tune because his VE table is totally screwed up.

Do you have any of the other data for the fuel injector tables for your injectors?

I don't have HPTuners, so I can't see the tune you said the car runs on...
Old 05-06-2012, 09:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BLK02WS6
I second minytrker's advice! You have a bunch of messed up tunes there and need to scrap them all and do it right! First thing you have to do is get the injector tables right and go from there. The injector tables in the one that starts the car with the fuel pump off are totally jacked...

Does the car have a vacuum referenced fuel pressure regulator? If so, it should have a flat injector flowrate table like your friend did - but don't use his tune because his VE table is totally screwed up.

Do you have any of the other data for the fuel injector tables for your injectors?

I don't have HPTuners, so I can't see the tune you said the car runs on...
I thought I would update. My cousin who did my tune said the same thing. The tunes were not the ones he sent. What we figured out is that my EFI tune software had things set up for Celsius, etc. instead of Farenheit, KPA, MPH, grams per second instead of lbs per hr, etc.. So when I would open the tune up in my EFI live it really wasn't the same tune.

Anyways, he drove all the way from Chicago, 7 hrs each way and this morning fixed everything. The first thing he did was change the IFR tables. What is interesting is the car runs and idles perfect now but the table is set in the 69-80 range, not 160 like it should be. Regardless it works that way. He also lowered my fuel pressure to 45 from 52 and messed with my spark, voltage, etc.. 2 hrs later the car fires right up, idles perfect, revs nice and doesn't die when you manually kick the fan on.

Now I can at least scan and start doing the fine tuning now. Just wanted to give everyone an update.

Thanks for trying to help out. You were right though. The first thing he did was put every tune I had in the trash. lol
Old 05-07-2012, 05:38 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good news! The units being off will definitely do it! As far as the injector tables being so low - it may have to do with them using resistors... also, having injector flowrate lower than it should be will cause the VE to be skewed off to compensate - I think you have some of that going on too...
Old 05-07-2012, 09:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Good news

Looks like the IFR/VE are scaled as BLK02WS6 said ^, perhaps to avoid hitting the PCM's MAF limit.

If you want to learn how to operate your EFILive software (selecting units and other stuff) come visit on the EFILive forum.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joecar
Good news

Looks like the IFR/VE are scaled as BLK02WS6 said ^, perhaps to avoid hitting the PCM's MAF limit.

If you want to learn how to operate your EFILive software (selecting units and other stuff) come visit on the EFILive forum.
Thanks Joe. I am on there all the time. Just new to it all. I am "sinister" on EFI live.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Ok, understood

Quick Reply: EFI live, 160lb injs, E85, resistors, only runs WITHOUT the fuel pump on?