PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Serial Number Blank, won't allow to reflash. EFILive v2

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 08:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Serial Number Blank, won't allow to reflash. EFILive v2

Hello all, First post here first time i've needed to so far. Well heres the problem.

Customer car 2000 Camaro ls1. He bought a new pcm from orielys with a "gm programing" in it. He than shipped it to texas speed where they flashed it for the cam he bought from them. I'm trying to tune the car on the dyno and its not allowing me to flash it. I can pull the tune and log it but I can't flash it. I went into pcm secuirty where it was locked and unlocked it, atleast it says its unlocked. When I try and flash in the tune it comes up with a message saying serial number is blank. I look at the serial number and its all 0's. The button to totally reflash the pcm with loaded operating system and tune won't show up it stays unlit. Just the pull tune and flash currently loaded tune is lit up. Is there anything I can do to generate a serial number for the pcm? I'm using efilive v2. BCC is also just ??. Do I need to send the pcm to texas speed if the serial numbers being 0 meaning its locked by them? Also I have access to gm sps and can reprogram the pcm through gm service programing if thats what its showing I need to do. Just seeing if anyone has any input or if I need to reprogram the pcm back to stock completely through sps or if that will even go through with the numbers being 0's. Thank you for your time.

Clinton Brooks
RPMSpeed.com
Old 05-15-2012, 09:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

This is being taken care of on the EFILive forum.

Quick Reply: Serial Number Blank, won't allow to reflash. EFILive v2