PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wideband that can use laptop as controller?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 03:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wideband that can use laptop as controller?

I've been looking into getting a wideband for tuning/monitoring purposes on my car and need some advice from you guys that are familiar with them.

I would like a setup that could use my laptop for data logging instead of paying for a controller that I have to upload the data off later. I'm going to be taking data with the laptop anyway so why not kill two birds with one stone. Are there any widebands that are able to do this? Also is it possible to have an RPM reference in the wideband log so you can tell what the engine was doing at the time of the readings?

Ideally I would like to have a guage in the car so I could watch my A/F while driving then be able to hookup to the laptop and take data whenever.

Also, currently the car has true dual exhaust with no crossover. Would I need two widebands or is one on the left/right enough to get a feel for whats going on?
Old 06-01-2012, 09:31 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

dont have the answer but this is exactly what im looking for. just want to know how the car is running.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:01 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

nothing exactly like you are saying...
but most of the widebands have a 0-5v output that can be datalogged in just about any logging software you would want to use...

otherwise.. standalone...Like the LM1/LM2 have internal dataloggers that you can even hook up to the OBD port and then just pull the logs off of the device...

Lots of great options are out there as far as a wideband...
you really just need to firgure out what option makes the most sense for you.