Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My chuck cow experience.

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 03:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My chuck cow experience.

I have seen some post negative comments about chuck and many have never experienced him. When I see negative comments about things I have had experience with I feel it is important to tell about mine. Many local tuners don't like him because he will go into a location and 20 or so tunes in a 4 days. I do understand there resentment. Here is my personal experience and observation. Chuck Cow tuned cars at my house for 4 Days for the NCCO car show. My observation was that he is very dedicated to give the best tune he can. He worked Thursday until midnight Friday until 3 in the morning, Saturday until 5 in the morning; I don’t see how he does it. If you have a tune from Chuck you have to be patient. He is sometimes difficult to reach, he is only one man and he is busy doing tunes, but the wait is worth it. You also have to be patient when you have a tune performed, he will not rush a tune so your tune or the tune in front of you can take hours, but again the wait is worth it. He has high standards as a human being and will be direct with you; some are not accustom to such a direct approach. If a car has not been tuned on previously by someone else, he can tune those much faster. Most of the tunes Chuck worked on at my house were problem cars that traveled from out of state just to have Chuck correct problems that had been created by other tuners.
One vette from Missouri traveled 6 Hours to get here. The owner’s dad, uncle and dad’s friend had previously used Chuck to tune their vette’s 7 years ago. He had it worked on in Missouri, and they could not get it correct. It is a cammed car that would not idle and ran terrible. When done he had a huge smile on his face and said the 12 hours of driving was well worth it.
One vette owner from Arkansas purchased a C5 cammed ZO6 it ran terrible but he thought he got a great deal. He had taken it to many places and they could not fix it. Chuck got it fixed; the owner told me he was starting to think it could not be fixed. He was extremely happy and relieved.
One local person had his tuned before by a local tuner and the car was not running correct he had taken it back complaining of pinging, come to find out they had fixed the tuning by retarding the timing. After Chuck tuned it he was shocked how much difference the tune made a difference, he also had his Camaro tuned.
The stories go on and on like this, I know some think this is too good to be true, you can believe what you want. My own car has headers and intake only. He tuned my engine, transmission, and a cow booster. He put the wide band in and plugged into the car; He spent well over an hour getting mine to my personal preferences, Gas pedal not to firm, transmission not to firm for what I like. Yes the wide open throttle is much better, but the all-around driving is a lot different as well. The car seems to almost anticipate what I am going to do. Like when you just want to accelerate a little bit, it quickly finds the gear the car wants.
I just wanted to tell my experience. I learned a lot and meet a lot of great people.

Also during this time, The NCCO club the non club club of Oklahoma had a vette show and we raised $11,000 for toys for tots. As far as the show, I had a great time.

Quick Reply: My chuck cow experience.