Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HPTuners/LS3 injector swap runs VERY lean

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default HPTuners/LS3 injector swap runs VERY lean

I had some smaller racetronic injectors and swapped to LS3 injectors. I have verified fuel pressure (58psi) at the rail, injector polarity (if it matters) and that the injectors are firing (pulled rail and placed towel under all the injectors).

The issue is that the LTFT's are maxing with the VE at what I had with the racetronics. If I add 50% to the VE I get close to 0% trims. There is no way Idle requires 96% in the VE. I am also using a 1bar SD custom OS. The 1bar Custom was running fine with the racetronics. I have also verified AFR with the NB and WB.

I used the data posted in another thread/ls1tuningguide.com and checked it against a couple other sources. I also verified the P/N of the injectors to confirm LS3 42lb.

Could you folks please take a look at my tune and see if I am missing something glaring.

Also note that it starts fine, during OL it runs like **** then once it's warm and CL kicks in it runs fine again once the LTFT's max out. I'm thinking something with the PW is off but am not sure what to try.

I've also posted this on the HPTuners forum but haven't gotten anything after three days.

Thanks,

Patrick
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
6 jun 12 SD Custom OS change.hpt (457.3 KB, 155 views)

Last edited by Exidous; 07-27-2012 at 11:37 PM.
Old 07-29-2012, 04:00 PM
10 Second Club

your injector data is wrong. just get an ls3 file and copy it over.
Old 07-29-2012, 04:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

It doesn't copy straight over. I got it from the file that DStech posted on HPTuners and 69LT1bird has on his site. (they match) I took a look at an LS3 file and my first thought was to interpolate but they were saying that wasn't the way to go.

Quick Reply: HPTuners/LS3 injector swap runs VERY lean