PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SES light only fuel and temp up and down?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 08:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default update***jumped it off the batt to purple wire.....

and it cranks but no fire...so im thinking its gotta be the pcm....what else would be the problem?

SHOWS NO MILAGE NO FUSES THAT I KNOW OF ARE BLOWN ANY ONE HAVE THIS PROBLEM????turn key on and ses light comes on gas and temp rise to full and then drop and go crazy up and down ...just unhooked pcm and battery to do exhaust and dont know what the problem is. its pissing me off!!!!!!!!!!ANY help is APPRECIATED!!!!!

Last edited by boondiggys; 04-07-2004 at 01:29 PM.
Old 04-04-2004, 09:59 PM
TECH Resident

also the milage doesnt show up at all.. normally all the idiot lights come on then fuel pump primes and most of the lights go off but now no lights come on except ses and tach fliks up, got like no gas in it fuel gauge is buried and the pump doesnt prime...i dont know what im gunna do im going to go push it off a cliff soon enough...
Old 03-07-2005, 12:07 PM
TECH Resident

ok ok i found out that when you plug in a scanner to the obd2 port i get my cluster back working and can run and drive, but still cant read codes...when i unplug the scanner all goes dead...any ideas?
Old 03-07-2005, 12:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check the Gauges fuse inside the car, if blown the car will not start and I believe it'll set an abuse code ... replace and you should be good to go

Otherwise could be a missing power to the PCM (Scanner provides thenecessary power)... did you do any work to the car just before this started? you can verify power by pulling the red and blue connectors (only 2 there are) off the PCM and using a test light, try each connection.. should be 1 hot on each
Old 03-09-2005, 07:47 PM
TECH Resident

the scanner doesnt have any batterys in it. i will have to check the power at the connectors. also i dont have a cover for the fuses inside the car could you post a picture of one or a pinout of the panel? thanks again
Old 03-10-2005, 12:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have the cover in front of me... worst case pull all the fuses and check for any blown , only takes a few mins ... but i'm guessing it's that fuse