Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HyperTech Max Energy Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 09:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HyperTech Max Energy Tuner

Hey guys, most of you probably haven't seen me on the forums here yet, but I have a tuning question.

I have enough mods done to my 98 Camaro SS that the speedometer is off by about 7 mph and my car hesitates to shift through the gears properly. It's an automatic.

I have the 98 PCM which I know few if any tuners are made for. I found this HyperTech tuner on their website and I'm wondering if anyone had had any experience with it and if it's worth a purchase or should I have it taken somewhere and tuned.

If someone could let me know the benefits of both (buying the tuner or taking it somewhere to be tuned) that would be great. Thanks in advance for the help!

Here is a link to the tuner: http://www.hypertech.com/products-max-energy.aspx

Last edited by JHartlovePDX; 08-08-2012 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Link added
Old 08-09-2012, 09:05 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Take it for a tune or at least send the PCM to get a mail order tune. If you have any mods at all, that handheld will probably hurt you more than help you.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JHartlovePDX
Hey guys, most of you probably haven't seen me on the forums here yet, but I have a tuning question.

I have enough mods done to my 98 Camaro SS that the speedometer is off by about 7 mph and my car hesitates to shift through the gears properly. It's an automatic.

I have the 98 PCM which I know few if any tuners are made for. I found this HyperTech tuner on their website and I'm wondering if anyone had had any experience with it and if it's worth a purchase or should I have it taken somewhere and tuned.

If someone could let me know the benefits of both (buying the tuner or taking it somewhere to be tuned) that would be great. Thanks in advance for the help!

Here is a link to the tuner: http://www.hypertech.com/products-max-energy.aspx
If you purchase the Max Energy programmer it will definitely give you more performance and better fuel economy. As far as correcting the shift problem, it depends on why you are having the shift problem. If its due to a change in gear ratio or tire height then our programmer can correct for that, as long as its a gear ratio and tire height that we support

Old 08-09-2012, 09:44 PM
Teching In

Sorry I forgot to be specific. Yes it's because I have richmond 3.73's in the rear. Anyone else have any input? Thanks
Old 08-13-2012, 03:45 AM
Teching In

I have one, it works good. You can set 3.73 gears with it and fix your speedo offset with it.

If you have heads, cam, or injectors you will need a custom tune. If you are stock or with a few bolt-ons, you should be fine with a hand held tuner.