Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trick Flow 515 kit/Random Misfire

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 07:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trick Flow 515 kit/Random Misfire

I installed the Trick Flow 515 kit, had it tuned and continue having random misfire codes. I clear the codes and they seem to come back at idle but not while actually driving. All sensors are new and motor is new, maybe 3k on it now. Last tune was done 600 miles ago because I replaced ecm ..Any thoughts....
Old 08-10-2012, 05:34 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is common with a cam install - tuner should have taken care of it...
Old 08-11-2012, 08:15 AM
Teching In

I was there yesterday and had it looked at again. When the history was pulled out of the ecm there were no codes stored even though the check engine light was on when I got there. We hooked it up to live and could see it cycling through numerious misfire on all cylinders. All parameters are spot on, seem the sensor is picking up the cam lope and giving up ghost codes which in turn triggers the check engine light. I have all the confidence in the world in my tuner guy. The car runs perfect, the engine light is just one of those things that bothers me is all. I was hoping someone had an answer in what the secret is to setting it up so it won't happen anymore.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:57 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the tuner is any good, he would know that you have to work on the misfire tables when you are tuning a cammed car... it's no secret... and if he doesn't know that, what else does he not know... maybe you have confidence, but I wouldn't.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:16 PM
Teching In

Thanks, just finished working it out. No light issue after 60 miles of city/highway driving. Hopefully problem solved. All tables were good and tune was good ended up being something really stupid...

Quick Reply: Trick Flow 515 kit/Random Misfire