Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Map and tps issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 09:30 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Map and tps issues

my car is a 240sx with ls swap. Ran and functioned perfectly last year. Changed setups this year and decided to make the engine harness better looking and make everything proper length. In this process I guess I hot some things crossed with these two sensors and possibly the crank pos sensor.

First off, the car was tuned last year on hpt and did great. The setup was stock injectors and sd tune on stock 1 bar sensor. This year the engine is a
4.8 with a gt45 and to get it going I left the stock map and stock injectors. Car would start but not idle, give it some throttle and it goes super rich then back lean. So we hook up the hpt and our tps is reading around 25% throttle at idle and when you barely touch the throttle To keep it running it reads 100%. I would guess it goes 100% at around 10% throttle. We went ahead and upgraded the os and I put a 3 bar map in the car. Not exactly sure how but he got the Car to idle and the map sensor would read 80-85kpa at idle and up in the 200 range while revving the car.

We tried several tps relearn/resets. The car also had a ckp sensor relearn code but the case relearn function on the hpt wouldn't allow us to select. Always said not ready.

I'm guessing I have something crossed or a low reference mixed up. Does the tps require a low ref or a ground or are they the same. Same with map? What are those low references anyway? Are they sensor specific?

A touch more info, the harness is a 98, repinned to 99 up specs. The ecu is a 2002.

Please please help. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!! Thanks!
Old 08-23-2012, 06:32 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you put the 3 bar map in did you redo you tune. Cause you basically have map that does 300 kpa maps now. Stock computer you basically have to break up your maps into thirds. 0-30 kpa is 14.7 vac to 14.7 boost, with little gray area you will have to smooth to and 35-65 kpa for 14.7 to 29.4 psi and smooth the gray area, and 70-100 kpa for 29.4 to 44.1 psi.

And you will have to do that for all kpa valued maps for stock computer.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:44 PM
Launching!

I believe we did redo the map but with the tps acting crazy it was hard to do anything. Basically want to get the tps right then figure out the map sensor. Going to get a new tps sensor today and see if it's just a bad sensor.

What is low reference? Is it ground or something else.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:31 PM
Launching!

Figured out the tps. It had to have the proper 5v ref. Not just any. It is pin 8 on the blue connector.

Quick Reply: Map and tps issues