Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Timing tables question

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 03:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Timing tables question

I notice on my 5.3 Silverado there are a couple places in the tune which determine total timing such as the high octane table, additional timing for PE mode, etc.

On the "tuned" files I've seen for my car and a couple other tuned ls1 cars, the high octane table has higher values and things like the PE additive table are zeroed.

So my question is, if I want to set up the truck tune for a similar setup for the sake of simplicity is there any big negative?

And also does anyone have a list of the EFI live tables I want to be sure to adjust? I touched on a couple but the truck is still trying to get a couple extra degrees from somewhere over what I am commanding. The tunes I have should make good guides for trial and error but I don't want to do anything too foolish which would cause damage and also would like to "know" for the sake of being a better tuner.

I intend to continue running 87 in it btw. It seems to like around 23* total at WOT above 3400rpm before KR starts to be a problem.

I will say the truck feels little more responsive with the timing changes I made and I also adjusted the PE enrichment commanded values to be around the low 12 mark instead of the mid 11 mark (being conservative until I get a chance to put the wideband on again and confirm it's safe). It's not as much of a change as I would hope for based on the rave reviews truck tunes like Black Bear get, but I'll take it.

So far the truck has: deleted cats, 2.5" true duals, cold air intake, corvette trans servo with upgraded spring, and a ported throttle body as the only mods
Old 10-17-2012, 06:52 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I usually do trucks that way - get rid of the adders and use only the high/low octane tables... Most of the rave reviews you hear on truck tunes are because they are going to 93 octane to run the tune...

Quick Reply: Timing tables question