Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A6 3-4 shift lazy track only

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 03:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A6 3-4 shift lazy track only

08 Corvette with an A6 tranny. I've attached two logs of my passes last night. First pass is waiting in the staging lanes, starting the engine, making my burnout and pass. Second is running the tranny though the gears through 5th gear to about 30 mph in the practice lane then going directly to my burnout without turning the engine off.

Takes about .8 seconds longer for the 3-4 to get power without going through this procedure of going through the gears in the practice lane. Was not crowded so this was possible last night

Others have complained about the same problem. Is there a fix?
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
log 1 10-26-12.hpl (63.5 KB, 78 views)
File Type: hpl
log 2 10-26-12.hpl (79.3 KB, 70 views)
Old 10-27-2012, 08:06 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Tranny temp?
Old 10-27-2012, 11:30 PM
9 Second Club

Have the adaptive learning tables been altered? To me it sounds like a pressure setting that may be ok after x amount of runtime or after it has made one shift and applies adaptives to the shift the next time around.

What is the commanded shift time in that rpm area?
Old 10-28-2012, 07:20 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Tranny temp?
If it's tranny temp. I wouldn't know how to get it any warmer than the 154* noted in that log. It's done the same thing at 169*. At 100* it shifts fine as long as I've gone though the gears so I don't think it to be temperature related.

Originally Posted by Rhino79
Have the adaptive learning tables been altered? To me it sounds like a pressure setting that may be ok after x amount of runtime or after it has made one shift and applies adaptives to the shift the next time around.

What is the commanded shift time in that rpm area?
Adaptive tables are all stock settings for an 08 Corvette. All shift pressures are stock. I have the Inertia Factor bumped up 1 in the 4800 rpm and up range. That did nothing to help. Commanded shift time is .3 vs. .35 stock. The log indicated a good shift into 4th but then the engine just seems to hang around the same rpm for awhile before making power even with my advance back to 24-25*.

Quick Reply: A6 3-4 shift lazy track only