Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VATS Tuned(or fried) itself out?!? Call me crazy

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 08:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VATS Tuned(or fried) itself out?!? Call me crazy

Ok so heres the deal. I have my 98 LS1/T56 combo swapped into a '78 Datsun 280Z. Been like that since march of 2012. Well just a few weeks ago I go to start my car after leaving Chilis with some buddies of mine, and without thinking start it up without plugging in my homemade VATS bypass module. It starts up...Then I realize I have the module in my pocket so I turn it off and try it again thinking it was a fluke, starts right up. I have now been driving my car for ~3 weeks without needing any sort of VATS bypass module. Before it always did what it was meant to do without my module plugged in, it would start up then almost instantly die.

Has anyone ever heard of this before? Is my PCM about to start driving my car by itself? Or did I somehow manage to fry the vats signal? One of the wires on my bypass box did break off and I was having to hold it to the pin for a while, so maybe I touched it to some wire I shouldnt have and it fried it? I followed the several guides on the web to build your own bypass box, and it has worked great for the past 9 months.

I either have the smartest(Or dumbest since it is an anti theft device) PCM out there, or I fried something is all I can come up with.

-Will
Old 01-15-2013, 11:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have seen that. It will run a few days without the VATS signal, then suddenly it will no longer start until you disable VATS in the tune or install the bypass.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:46 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine has been going for a week or two now without VATS. I sure hope it doesn't come back now, cause I left my bypass box at home and now I'm up at school. Although I would like it back because it is my only method of anti-theft, now I'm stuck to pulling fuses/relays and stuff.

-Will

Quick Reply: VATS Tuned(or fried) itself out?!? Call me crazy