Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pro-M sensors and FI

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 01:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Pro-M sensors and FI

I am looking at Pro-M's 117mm MAF Sensor for my major FI LS1 build and I have questions. Can I use this with the stock PCM? Does it just plug in to the factory harness or does it need an adapter? Can it be pre-calibrated to allow minimum MAF tuning on LS1-edit? I don't wish to go to a FAST or Gen7 controller... yet. I want to see if it can be done with the stock computer.
Old 07-09-2004, 08:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gold Phoenix
I am looking at Pro-M's 117mm MAF Sensor for my major FI LS1 build and I have questions. Can I use this with the stock PCM? Does it just plug in to the factory harness or does it need an adapter? Can it be pre-calibrated to allow minimum MAF tuning on LS1-edit? I don't wish to go to a FAST or Gen7 controller... yet. I want to see if it can be done with the stock computer.

Did you ever get an answer to your question about the Pro-M

Thanks
Bryan
Old 07-10-2004, 01:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gold Phoenix
We're currently trying to get our car running using the Pro M and translator. Yes you can use the stock pcm. We are using LS1 edit but you probably get by without it.
Old 07-10-2004, 02:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So to make sure I understand there was nothing fancy or special about using the Pro-M. I have a blown application, and want to be able to tune for air induction above 4200RPM without having to guess on the fuel. I have so much air that the Stock MAF cant read anything after that. I am also using LS1 Edit.

Please confirm Thanks

Originally Posted by stealth
We're currently trying to get our car running using the Pro M and translator. Yes you can use the stock pcm. We are using LS1 edit but you probably get by without it.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:54 AM
Coal Mining Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's my understanding that it does not help if you use a stock 85mm maf or a +100mm Pro M since the computer is maxed around 512g/s.....doesnt matter which meter tells the ecm that you're flowing 600g/s....the computer still can't adjust to it. Only benefit to a larger maf is the lessor pressure drop from the maf restriction itself....if they both are giving out an accurate readings of 600g/s the larger maf may be worth an addional 10 rwhp since your supercharger isn't have to blow as hard or push as hard to get thet 600g/s through it as opposed to an 85 mm maf.
Old 07-11-2004, 01:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by onfire
It's my understanding that it does not help if you use a stock 85mm maf or a +100mm Pro M since the computer is maxed around 512g/s.....doesnt matter which meter tells the ecm that you're flowing 600g/s....the computer still can't adjust to it. Only benefit to a larger maf is the lessor pressure drop from the maf restriction itself....if they both are giving out an accurate readings of 600g/s the larger maf may be worth an addional 10 rwhp since your supercharger isn't have to blow as hard or push as hard to get thet 600g/s through it as opposed to an 85 mm maf.

I don't know that I was looking for more power per say, I really wanted to be able to better adjust the mixture, but it sounds like the stock computer is the problem here. I guess in the PE table I will just have to make very small fuel adjustments and run it on the dyno until I get the right combonation.

If you have any other suggestions I am all ears.
Thanks
Bryan