PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP Tunners VS EFI Live tunning differences?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 04:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default HP Tunners VS EFI Live tunning differences?

My friend that I met on here is a damn good tunner of LS engines with HP tunners.
However he has never used EFILive.

Will he have much trouble tunning a LS engine with EFI Live instead for the first time?
Old 04-18-2013, 04:49 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by adrynalinjunkie
My friend that I met on here is a damn good tunner of LS engines with HP tunners.
However he has never used EFILive.

Will he have much trouble tunning a LS engine with EFI Live instead for the first time?
I doubt it. As long as the knowledge of how tuning impacts the car is there, he won't have a problem with EFIlive. It will take longer the first few times to get used to the idiosyncrasies of the new software, but the basic idea is the same.

See what's in our shop on Facebook! Customer Build Blogs!
www.pcmofnc.com
Performance Installs - Dyno Tuning - Custom Camshafts & Valvetrain - Remote HPtuners Tuning - Mail Order Tuning & Sales
704-307-4227
Old 04-20-2013, 05:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He very well could have trouble. I paid money to a board sponsor here who tunes mostly with HPT but since I wanted it in EFI live he says no problem. WRONG! I was having him write a base line program for E85 and bought the ID2000 injectors just like he said to because he has enough experience with this setup it will be no problem. Then my buddy with EFI live will dyno tune from there but we were to have help if needed since my buddy hadn't done a COS boost tune on E85. The first tune he sent me was so wrong it would NEVER have started the car. Pointed out what was wrong before loading it he agreed he missed "that" and fixed it. Then get it started it's still so far off fuel wise the computer showed it pulling like 85% fuel. He gets $#itty with me says that's impossible and makes more changes. Get tuning again run into another snag, can't get tip in right. Car stumbles like it needs an accelerator pump like it was a carb. We turn to the expert and he hasn't got a clue what to do. He is freaking lost. My buddy gets it figured out (something needed down loaded to open some other table) and we get it tuned. Now expert tuner wants a copy of our tune!
Good luck to you and your buddy you'll figure it out.

Quick Reply: HP Tunners VS EFI Live tunning differences?