Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P1514: Need help please

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 05:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default P1514: Need help please

I had my truck in for a PCM upgrade at the dealership. They flashed it with the most current GM code. Once I finally got to open up the new file with EDIT, and adjust things right, I was on my way. Now the problem starts.

Anytime I go WOT it will pull, but as soon as it gets to WOT it falls on it's face and goes into Reduced Engine Power mode. It can be anywhere from a 50 punch, off the line or even sitting in the driveway in neutral or park. Once the code is tripped, the throttle has NO movement whatso ever. It's like the PCM looses all contact with the TB. Looking at EFILive, it doesn't move the TPS, but the fuel cell and timing changes some.

FWIW, this is a blown application with a small cam.
Old 04-26-2004, 05:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

More info .... I have taken the values from the old table and put into the new flash with no positive results. I also raised them and still nothing. I never got this until the PCM upgrade.
Old 04-26-2004, 07:25 PM
FormerVendor

I believe that that code means that the MAF sensor is seeing more air then the PCM believes should be entering the motor. I have seen this when installing the LSX/90mm TB prior to tuning!

The car will also go into reduced engine power mode!
Old 04-26-2004, 11:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

The tables from the known good flash were copied over on the new flash. I also adjusted the tables higher with no help either.

It only happens when WOT. It's not PE related, but the MAP sensor is saying 104kap. When it happens, the PCM looses contact with the throttle body, it doesn't move until the code is cleared.
Old 04-27-2004, 10:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

ANyone got any ideas ... someone in the truck section suggested a bad TB .. what ya'll think???