Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ITB tune files?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 05:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ITB tune files?

I'm putting an ITB intake on my car and was wondering if there are any ITB tune files out there that people are willing to share?
I'd like to see a few examples of how things are set up, when the cars go into power enrichment etc

I'll probably use HP Tuners but also have EFI Live.

Cheers
Benno
Old 09-17-2013, 03:27 AM
Teching In

Additionally, I understand ITB's will have a lot less vacuum than a regular intake? In this case, how is engine load measured and under what conditions should I start richening up the AFR?

Currently my car goes into power enrichment once over 85kPa MAP. Will the engine still need to be under a little bit of load to hit 85kPa or will this not be the case anymore? If not, how should I determine when to richen things up?

I can set the car to go into power enrichment based on throttle position, however I don't know what throttle position will place the engine under what sort of load?

Hope that makes sense and hopefully I can answer my own questions once the intake is on the car and I can see how things behave.

Cheers
Benno
Old 09-18-2013, 01:48 PM
On The Tree

How are you tuneing efilive/ hp tuners ?

I've got a tune file which ill try and dig out for you that I used for my old car it was near on perfect apart from I ran out of injector and it was a c4b ls1 if its any help but it is a efilive file so if it is any help email me hsv-gts300@hotmail.co.uk
Old 09-19-2013, 03:37 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by hsvgtsr
How are you tuneing efilive/ hp tuners ?

I've got a tune file which ill try and dig out for you that I used for my old car it was near on perfect apart from I ran out of injector and it was a c4b ls1 if its any help but it is a efilive file so if it is any help email me hsv-gts300@hotmail.co.uk
Thanks mate, I'd appreciate a look to see how things are generally different form a standard intake. Was it a Harrop intake you used?

I haven't decided whether I'll use HPTuners or EFI Live yet. I have access to both.

Will email you.

Thanks.
Benno
Old 09-23-2013, 04:55 AM
Teching In

Intake is on, getting close to starting time

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails ITB tune files?-20130921_153939-copy.jpg  
Old 10-23-2013, 06:40 AM
Teching In

Have got this thing in and running and can highly recommend these intakes!!

My 227/243 cam went from being a bit of a pain to drive as a daily to driving like a stock cam. It doesn't buck or surge at all, idles and returns to idle perfectly and is a lot quieter without the choppiness it used to have at idle.

The throttle response is awesome and more easier to drive at low throttle positions than my FAST LSXr and NW 102mm TB setup. The car basically sounds and drives like a stock cam until you put your foot down. It then makes a very distinctive, and loud, intake noise. It makes waaay more intake noise than exhaust noise.

I'm still interested to have a look at any tunes people have for these style of intakes as I still have a few more little issues to sort out. Firstly the car feels a little flat at part throttle, kind of like it makes no difference in power between 10 and 30 percent throttle. Making use of the VE multiplier table and basing the fuelling off the throttle position a little more seemed to help a lot, so I may try and base the fuelling off this table even more.

I'd also like to see some tunes to see how people have set the car up to go into power enrichment and what sort of changes were made to the transient fueling tables.

Cheers
Benno

Quick Reply: ITB tune files?