PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No change to idle AFR no matter what i do.

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 03:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No change to idle AFR no matter what i do.

this is a copy from my post on hptuners. ive never gotten a response on any of my threads over there lol. hopefully corvetteforum is more help. the car is a 2000 c5 with a rear mount s366

Driving AFR is fine but idle always ends up running way richer or way leaner than commanded. Literally anything i do has no effect on idle AFR just everywhere else. I use VCM controls to manually change the commanded AFR leaner to see if a change takes place and nothing happens. I maxed commanded AFR out to 18 and at idle it still stayed at 12:1 however trying to go outside of idle the commanded afr takes affect. Also tried changing VE tables with real time tuning and again same thing no matter how extreme i go whether it be + or - the AFR stays the same at idle. Im about ready to murder my car if it isnt already killing itself from running so rich at idle!

Update:Changed the injectors and injector data back to stock and everythign works perfectly. So ive narrowed it down to the deatschwerks inejectors but im not sure if its that data they provided or an actual problem with the injectors themself. link to the injector data i was using

http://www.deatschwerks.com/images/s...a%2018u-60.xls
Old 09-14-2013, 07:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If the data is incorrect then the min pulsewidth might be too long causing it to be too rich at idle.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:26 PM
Staging Lane

Its not the injectors its the data interpretation
Old 09-24-2013, 04:23 AM
TECH Resident

min pulsewidth, pulse adders, and offset tables. If you do all you can in all the fuel adder tables and commanded etc, and it still isn't correct; chances are your offset or injector data that I mentioned is off.

Quick Reply: No change to idle AFR no matter what i do.