Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tps,coils,and trans slipping problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 12:36 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tps,coils,and trans slipping problems

So the car didnt have any codes before, but while it was down for a 4l80 swap I relocated the pcm. I'm having slipping issues with the new trans, but I want to straighten the codes out first and go from there.

The tps code is p0121. My scanner is reading .4% at idle. I'm not sure if it was like this before or not. Is this a problem? The car seems to drive fine but with as many other problems I'm having its hard to tell.

The coil codes are P0352 and P0355 for what I assume is cylinder 2 and 5. This one is weird. With 2 dead cylinders I wouldn't even think it would start. It almost seems intermittent because it will idle fine and then get very rough. Any ideas on how to trouble shoot this one? I would swap the coils but I know for a fact they were fine before.

Also I am running the 4l80 using slow67's relay mod. The trans shifts ok but seems to slip bad. Im going to check trans pressure, but is this problem because the codes have not been disabled and it just need adjusted? I dont have hp tuners and I wanted to make sure the trans is ok before I take it to my tuner.

I hope I didn't break any wires in the harness when I moved the pcm. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 10-08-2013, 02:33 PM
Launching!

Ok so I fixed the tps. It must have just been a bad connection because once I cleaned it it hasn't thrown the code since.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:15 PM
Launching!

Ok so I messed with a bunch of stuff for the coils and now its not missing and the trans works perfectly. Apparently it pulls timing when the car has a miss and that's what was giving the feeling of the slipping trans.

Quick Reply: tps,coils,and trans slipping problems