Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring harness help, alternator

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 07:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring harness help, alternator

I have a stand alone harness and it seemed complete. Its a ls2 motor with a 4l70 trans. Everything seems to snap into place and then i ran into a problem. Theres no plug or wires for the alternator. Is a delco alt with a positive post and a plus with 4 pins in it. What do i do now. This set up is in a 1967 chevy camaro that also has the factory car harness in it as well as the wires for the 67 alt with external reg. Thanks
Old 10-11-2013, 12:53 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Get you a 1 wire alternator and don't worry about it.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:37 AM
Launching!

i ordered a plug off the internet, it was around $10 and soldered in a 470 ohm resistor (this is wired through a switch on the switch panel, race car project), but because running a carb... i believe the factory computer would have the 5v output for it and you would not need a resistor... is the wire there in the harness at all and just missing the plug end, or missing all together... dont know if this is what you are looking for... ordered it here
http://www.currentperformance.com/Co...s/LS2_LS7.html, could wire it in to key on with ignition. in that case you should use the resistor, but do some more research to verify all that im saying...
Old 10-11-2013, 06:45 AM
On The Tree

Where do you get a 1 wire alt to fit in the oem location? I remember back in the day there was a delco one wire for the oem alt. 67 threw like the early 80s. Thanks