PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need a tranny tune for 4L60e with 2800 stall. Who are the pros to go to?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 02:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Need a tranny tune for 4L60e with 2800 stall. Who are the pros to go to?

Hey folks. Hoping someone can help. I've got a 96 Trans Am with an 8 pound boosted Procharger D1SC. It's also got the 4L60e, which was hardened and had a 2400 stall converter added. Problem is that right from the start, something was wrong with the tranny job. I'll make a long story short and say that the stall converter got eaten, I had it rebuilt, and it got eaten again... all in the course of about 1000 highway miles over 2 days. I am NOT happy with the shop that did the work, but I had to get the car over to Europe ASAP so couldn't go back to sort it out.

In any case, I'm now in Romania with a car no mechanic here has seen. I have a 2800 stall Yank converter arriving on Monday. I also have a Dynamic Spectrum Tuner arriving the same day. As I completely don't trust the tranny tune I have installed, I want to install a proper tune for this new connverter so it doesn't get damaged. Naturally, it would have to be done through email. I have the hardware, I have a good shop ready to put the converter in, but I have ZERO experience in programming an ECM.

What I'm looking for is a proper tune for a 2800 stall converter on a 4L60e which will work well with a 450-500HP LT1. I don't care to have the fastest car ever made. I'd rather it be more streetable than fast at this point. I just need someone who knows what they're doing to help. And I'm not looking for a handout. I'm more than ready to pay a pro.

So, any suggestions? I need someone good and reputable, as any problem means weeks or months of delays as I try to source parts across an ocean!

Thanks much!
Nidal.
Old 11-09-2013, 05:49 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I could help you with that. I've tuned tons of LT1s and 4L60s. Send me an email if you're interested. edcmat-l1@msn.com
Old 11-09-2013, 08:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Email sent (from elutza_ny AT yahoo DOT com). Very much appreciated!

Quick Reply: Need a tranny tune for 4L60e with 2800 stall. Who are the pros to go to?