Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Emissions question

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 12:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Emissions question

I just bought a Camaro and don't know much about tuning these cars. I have a mustang and on the new emissions testing programs they can tell if your O2 sensors have been turned off, that's the technique mustangs use for cat deletes. So if I get long tubes for the Camaro I can buy that wire that sends the correct O2 signal back to the computer so I should pass even with the new emission test standards that detect turned off O2 sensors? Also, my coolant level sensor is bad so the light came on and I just unplugged it so I wouldn't have to look at the light. Would I pass emissions with the coolant level sensor unplugged or do I need a new sensor? thanks guys.
Old 11-15-2013, 07:03 PM
On The Tree

If you do long tubes you should get the car tuned for a couple of reasons. So that the car runs properly and so your tuner can make the appropriate adjustments to the ECM so you can pass a plug in obd2. For what it's worth my 2011 silverado had long tubes with a Ory and my 2000 camaro has long tubes and a Ory and they both will pass a plug in with flying colors. It's all in the tune. Don't use those o2 simulators. Any good tuner can do this for you.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 11z71
If you do long tubes you should get the car tuned for a couple of reasons. So that the car runs properly and so your tuner can make the appropriate adjustments to the ECM so you can pass a plug in obd2. For what it's worth my 2011 silverado had long tubes with a Ory and my 2000 camaro has long tubes and a Ory and they both will pass a plug in with flying colors. It's all in the tune. Don't use those o2 simulators. Any good tuner can do this for you.
Yea I knew I would need a tune just didn't know if I would need the simulators as well

Quick Reply: Emissions question