Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idle Dip at Stop help

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 06:43 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idle Dip at Stop help

Hey guys I'm working on getting my eps 230/234 car tuned and I have it pretty good. My idle is steady and warm and cold starts and for the most part it finds idle nicely at at cruise speed.

The only issue is that every once in a while cold or not rolling around in parking lots or backing out of a space the idle will dip to about 300 when I push in the clutch quickly coming to a stop. Does that sound like the cracker or follower as I'm still a little confused on how they work.

Thanks for all the help. I don't have my laptop with me at the moment but if needed I can post up that part of the tune just loli g for some guidance

Last edited by 01MAROONz2890; 01-05-2014 at 09:25 AM.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:24 AM
On The Tree

Here are couple scans of what I have going on. IN the first file scan I forgot to set all the scan parameters so I'm not sure if that will be useful hre to anyone buts its there anyway. In the other file I only had the condition happen once during the drive which is between frames 12 and 42. although this one has a lot more parameters being scanned. again thoughts are appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
scann 1.hpl (8.8 KB, 69 views)
Old 01-06-2014, 04:33 PM
On The Tree

I had similar issues on my cutlass, and from my VERY limited tuning experience, I would say adding a bit more cracker would help. I would also check to make sure the VSS is plugged in and that the clutch pedal switch is correctly wired. There's also the active idle table which tries to save idle form going too low, I havn't had ot mess with mine yet, but it may be something else to look at(it's more a save, than a fix for the real problem.)
Old 01-06-2014, 07:18 PM
ctd
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

BRAF, based on your log you might have a look. Your MAF is flowing 10 - 10.5 g/sec, how does that compare to your BRAF table.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since you are an 01, there is no real solution. Same for Vettes. As soon as you press the clutch in, idle dips low while rolling then catches back up or stalls. The bigger the cam the worse it is. Throttle cracker does nothing when the clutch is pressed in and is ignored. Try slowing down throttle follower and adding Raf until you get the "cruise control effect" and start backing it down until the rpm dip gets better. You can increase timing in the below idle ares to help. Make sure DFCO clutch in is disabled. I spent and wasted many hours of my life trying to figure how to fix this. This is the only thing that worked for me.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:34 PM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ctd
BRAF, based on your log you might have a look. Your MAF is flowing 10 - 10.5 g/sec, how does that compare to your BRAF table.
That's is where his problem is. Not just the RPM line it idles, but below that also.
Absolutely no need to kill DFCO.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:31 AM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Wright
Absolutely no need to kill DFCO.

I have never needed to do this either..

Quick Reply: Idle Dip at Stop help