Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls7 maf sensor question

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 03:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls7 maf sensor question

I have had tuning issues with my ls7 maf on my 402 Camaro. monitored air flow with hp tuners, just clocking it differently changed the reading. looking at the ls7 sensor today and noticed that the air has to enter the sensor, pass across the resistors the turn 180 degrees the exit the sensor, the original maf of my car the air just flowed across the resistor with nothing in its path. seems like the ls7 sensor would have a hard time reading at low air flow. anybody have noticed this or any comments?
Old 01-19-2014, 08:32 PM
Launching!

Lets see a pick of your sensor location. Biggest issue I've seen with that sensor is location. It really needs to be in a clear pathway. Whatever the diameter of your intake pipe, ensure that you are at least twice that diameter from any bend in its location. Also, are you using an air straightener in front of that sensor?
Old 01-20-2014, 05:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

it is in the stock location. fast 102 intake and T/B, texas speed housing and 104 air lid. put a screen inside and it helped to give me better readings. sometimes I will get a small backfire in the intake when I leave from a stop, I have tried to richen it at that rpm's and played with timing, just seems not to be able to get it to stop.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:36 PM
Launching!

When you say "screen" do you mean the Honeycomb in front? If that's the case you can also get yourself some stainless screening, the type used in making a screen door and install it after the MAF. This has also helped guys getting better, straighter flow over those sensors. After that, you are sure your your injector data is good? If you have a good size cam in it, have you moved the timing on "end of injection" for your injectors to account for the increased overlap? Sorry if these are dumb questions but just covering the basics here bud

Quick Reply: ls7 maf sensor question