Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about gmpp controller on ls2 motor

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 07:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about gmpp controller on ls2 motor

I swapped a ls2 into my 66 nova and used the gmpp controller to run the engine, for a trans I used a tremec tko600. Question I have is the car has an idle problem, idles around 1,500 rpm as soon as you press the gas pedal and seems when it's cold (below 140 degrees) the car will come back down to idle but when it warms up it will rarely come down. I just watched a tuning video and it showed idle rpm in gears, park and neutral. My controller has no way of knowing what gear I'm in or if the car is neutral. Does this have something to do with the idle hanging around 1,500 rpm or is it something else? I have swapped just about everything and have no vacuum leaks (verified multiple ways) just 1,500 rpm is driving me crazy. I don't have a tuner to go in and look at what the car is doing so I'm pretty much shooting in the dark. If anyone is near Orlando fl and has a tuner that would be great. Thanks for your help.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:51 PM
Teching In

Jeremy Formato is really good and hes in Tampa. He travels to a lot of shops and does tuning im sure he can help 813 495 8778
Old 02-09-2014, 07:28 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the info I'll give him a call Monday and tell him what's going on. Driving me nuts, don't even wanna drive the car anymore until it's fixed

Quick Reply: Question about gmpp controller on ls2 motor