Sponsored by:

ecu for new crate engine

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 06:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ecu for new crate engine

hi...new to the site.

finally gonna pull the plug and swap a new GMPP (wait, thats Chevy Perf. now ) LS376/480 engine w/ either a T56 or TKO600, not sure which yet. engine doesn't come w/ ECU or harness.

GMPP makes 1 exactly for this engine. my other considerations are Mast, Holley and Speartech. the shop that has been helping me make some decisions uses the Holley and mentioned the HP system, and i see that HP doesn't allow for dual O2 sensors or DBW.apparently i think the Dominator system does. mentioned the DBW thing and he said he likes the cable drive better. i have no clue, although i know all the big trucks i drive are DBW, which are fine, just a little more work to mount.

tried to educate myself on the MAF vs. speed density, and seems like i'd rather keep the MAF. mostly a street car, but will have the suspension, steering and brakes to do the track if i decide to down the road. also, the cam in this engine seems somewhat mild, so a cam swap down the road is a possibility. want to get all the engine is capable of, so not sure if single O2 is an issue or not.

any thoughts or recomendations would be appreciated. trying to do my homework so there are no regrets down the road. this isn't going to be a cheap swap.

Quick Reply: ecu for new crate engine