Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

High Idle LS1

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 02:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High Idle LS1

I've seen a bunch of high idle threads and most of them let without an answer. I'm having a similar issue. The car wants to idle between 2500 and 3000 RPM. Put it in gear and it will drive itself, switch gears and it'll keep driving itself until it gets to 2500-3000 RPM. I replaced the IAC with a known working one and it idled for a couple of seconds around 1300 and then climbed up to 3000 and stayed. The weird thing is, when I take the air intake off, it idles around 800. I thought this was telling me it was a bad MAF, so I replaced that too. Same thing. With the air intake off, it idles a little rough but around where it should. As soon as I hook the intake back on, it shoots right up. Any ideas?
Old 02-09-2014, 03:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Data log it, and look at MAF performance.
Old 02-09-2014, 06:08 PM
Teching In

When you pull the intake off the throttle body or filter off the intake? I have an ls2 that idles high as we'll and can't figure it out yet. With mine if you take the filter loose from the intake and allow a little bit of extra air to pass by it will idle normal when putting filter back all the way on it will idle high. Mine is drive by wire though, not sure if it matters in this idle case but it has been driving me nuts for a while. Hope you figure something out or if I do I will let you know what fixed mine. Also does yours idle fine when cold or idle high all the time?
Old 02-09-2014, 08:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Hotrodnova66
When you pull the intake off the throttle body or filter off the intake? I have an ls2 that idles high as we'll and can't figure it out yet. With mine if you take the filter loose from the intake and allow a little bit of extra air to pass by it will idle normal when putting filter back all the way on it will idle high. Mine is drive by wire though, not sure if it matters in this idle case but it has been driving me nuts for a while. Hope you figure something out or if I do I will let you know what fixed mine. Also does yours idle fine when cold or idle high all the time?
It could be a cold start for 2 weeks in a blizzard and it will shoot to 3 grand as soon as you start it. I didn't try taking off just the filter. Gonna try that tomorrow. Also gonna try a known working TPS tomorrow. I'm just so blown. I have no way to data log. Going to try and get my buddy to bring his HP Tuner over though.

Quick Reply: High Idle LS1