PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mechanical vs. Electric gauages---whats the diffrence?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 08:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mechanical vs. Electric gauages---whats the diffrence?

like the title askes, whats the diffrence?

i want to put a few extra gauges in the car, like A/F ratio, and fuel pressure but i'm not sure if i need to spend all the extra cash for electric gauges. I understand they are a little easier to install and might be a little more accurate, but are they worth the cost?

thanks for any info...
Old 05-11-2004, 08:50 PM
Launching!

If you want the fuel pressure gauge in the car it must be electric. The mechanical gauge needs to have fuel run to it, which would not be safe in the car. I am not sure on accuracy of the 2, but I have had mech. and elec. nitrous pressure gauges and both seem to accurate.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:07 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by L-SS-1
like the title askes, whats the diffrence?

i want to put a few extra gauges in the car, like A/F ratio, and fuel pressure but i'm not sure if i need to spend all the extra cash for electric gauges. I understand they are a little easier to install and might be a little more accurate, but are they worth the cost?

thanks for any info...
I like electric gauges. They are as accurate IMO as a mechanical but perhaps don't respond as fast to little changes, but the are a lot easier to install.
Old 05-12-2004, 12:37 AM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You want electric gauges. The new ones have a microprocessor in them and are very accurate as well as responsive to small changes. Some of them even have data logging capability. Check out the Autometer line.