PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car is really lean and other problems too HELP?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 12:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car is really lean and other problems too HELP?

Ok so I took my car to the dyno this Monday. I expected to put down some really good numbers but was disappointed. It only dynoed 301 HP and 294 tq. Aslo my air/fuel ratio was 15.7:1 I know that is way to lean and I need to get that fixed. I have a MAFT plus here and wanted to know what percent fuel increase I need to use to bring it to about 12.8 or so. I also dont know how long it has been this lean. I have run the car several times and the track with no problem but this was my first time using wideband. Some of my ?'s are can gutting the cats cause it to go that lean or hooking up a A/F gauge in the car. Sorry this is so long but also since the dyno my ABS inop light comes on from time to time along with the asr off and service vechile light and ideas.

Thanks, Malcom
Old 05-12-2004, 09:01 PM
On The Tree

Was that your full throttle AF or everywhere up to full throttle?
Old 05-12-2004, 10:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bills02raptor
Was that your full throttle AF or everywhere up to full throttle?
That was his A/F at WOT while on the Dyno. We set the MAFT to 12% rich at WOT until we can get on the Dyno to check it out more. We don't have a wide band to check everything while cruising around so all we really know was that it was running about 15.7 to 1 on the first run on the dyno and it spiked up to around 18.0 to 1 on the second run which was immediatly after the first run.
Old 05-12-2004, 10:43 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would ifrst try setting base to either 10% or 15% rich.If you ported Mass air ends,get rid of them..Find someone with A-tap to moniter L-terms.
Also an exhaust leak can screw up A/F readings.
Old 05-13-2004, 07:11 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
I would ifrst try setting base to either 10% or 15% rich.If you ported Mass air ends,get rid of them..Find someone with A-tap to moniter L-terms.
Also an exhaust leak can screw up A/F readings.
He doesn't have ported MAF ends, his MAF still has the screen in it also. The only things that have been done to it since the last track runs are the Ported TB and the gutted cats. The Rear O2s have been deleted also by programming. What should the L-terms be he has a scanmaster and we can check those out.