PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle Pedal Options with E40 ECM

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle Pedal Options with E40 ECM

I've tried searching but I can not find the answer for my specific question. Im not sure if this is the correct place for this question but I am working on an LS2 swap into a '57 Chevy Belair. It is a 24X crate LS2 with a 4L60E. Ive got most of the mock-up done but Im lacking the MAF and throttle pedal. I dont have an ECM or TCU yet but am wanting to buy them with an aftermarket harness to fit this build.

My question is what are my throttle pedal options with the E40? The throttle body is a GM 12570790. Is there any possible way to use a GM 10379038 throttle pedal with an E40? I understand I can use a TBSS, GTO, and Corvette pedal that came with an E40 ECM, but will the GM 10379038 pedal (CTS-V I think) ever be compatible with the E40?

Does anyone have any experience with the Lokar DBW pedal? Would this work with an E40 ECM?

Bottom line I'm not wanting the oem plastic pedal, and Im trying to minimize modification of the pedal. Im looking to find an option that allows me to use a black Lokar pedal pad to match the brake pedal pad.

Another option may be to get a pedal from a factory E40 vehicle and
Old 03-05-2014, 11:58 AM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I would contact Speartech, they can build you a harness and provide you with ecm, tcm, pedal, maf and anything else you need. They are a sponsor on here also. Here is a link to there webpage. http://www.speartech.com/

Quick Reply: Throttle Pedal Options with E40 ECM