Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help Trying to Understand How it Works - P0507 Code

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 09:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help Trying to Understand How it Works - P0507 Code

I have a GMPP LS3 crate motor with the GMPP E67 controller and harness installed in a 69 Camaro. I keep getting an intermittent P0507 Idle Speed High code. To help me troubleshoot the issue I was monitoring it with HPTuners and discovered that the engine controller loses the VSS signal and when I am running at speed I get the P0507 code. What is strange is that my electronic Autometer Speedo still works great. I have rechecked the wiring and confirmed I have the VSS connected to connector C3 pins 66 and 67 and the Speedo is connected through the bulkhead connector pin D as per the instructions. I do not understand how this works because I thought the controller passed the signal on to be used by the speedo. So how come the speedo works great and the controller loses the signal? I need the speed in the controller to be consistent for the reverse inhibit feature because it is darn scary to shift at 70mph and it goes into reverse instead of 5th. Would really appreciate some help on this. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-20-2014, 06:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone?
Old 05-21-2014, 12:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts

What kind ok wires did you use from vss to pcm? I seen somewhere on here that you need twisted pair wiring for vss and electronic interference with the vss wires can cause you to lose speedo. Not sure how your speedometer is hooked up but I have a 1999 pcm in a 1992 truck and the vss from trans goes to pcm then the pcm speedo output goes to my speedometer . In my situation I would lose both if something happened. I always got that po507 code before I connected my vss. Now I have no problems. I would post this in the conversion section you will get more response over there for your problem.

Quick Reply: Need Help Trying to Understand How it Works - P0507 Code