PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some EFILive guages dont function.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 04:11 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Question Some EFILive guages dont function.

I have been creating a dashboard on the laptop in EFI Live with LS1 addons, some of the things it can do, I didn't expect. I have a Guage for G-force, BHP and Torque, the G-Force and BHP function okay but the Torque does not. Is this something that wont function on a Trans-Am but wil on a Corvette? I'll contact the EFILive people if I get no joy here. It would be nice to get it working just wondered if I'm missing something.

I know my EFI Live Oil Pressure guage will only work on a Corvette perhaps its all down to limited things being implmented on the Trans-Am.

Dan.
Old 05-20-2004, 10:44 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can not find any information that indicates the torque PIDs are definitely supported on the F body. That doesn't mean they are not supported - just that I can't find any info that says they are.

It may be that the torque PID in question is another example of that.
As you already posted, there is at least one PID (that we know about) which the PCM in F-bodies reports as supported when it is not (i.e. the oil pressure PID).

Can you tell post what version of EFILive you are using?
Which PID(s) is/are not displaying correctly:
{GM.TRQDES}, {GM.TRQENG} or {GM.TRQTRANS}?

The calculated PIDs {CALC.RWHP} and {CALC.FWHP} are calculated from the vehicle's mass and the rate of change of the VSS (i.e. acceleration) so they should always be valid when the {SAE.VSS} PID is selected and the vehicle mass is correct.

Regards
Paul
Old 05-20-2004, 11:34 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EFIliveV5
Can you tell post what version of EFILive you are using?
Which PID(s) is/are not displaying correctly:
{GM.TRQDES}, {GM.TRQENG} or {GM.TRQTRANS}?

The calculated PIDs {CALC.RWHP} and {CALC.FWHP} are calculated from the vehicle's mass and the rate of change of the VSS (i.e. acceleration) so they should always be valid when the {SAE.VSS} PID is selected and the vehicle mass is correct.

Regards
Paul
Ditto on the questions from Paul.
Also, your speedometer must be correct for the calc hp PIDs to be close to accurate.