PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does a MAFT do anything for part throttle power?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 09:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does a MAFT do anything for part throttle power?

Does a MAFT do anything for part throttle power? I mean...the computer compensates for a bad fuel mixture, so is tuning part throttle with the MAFT worthless unless you are outside of the computers range that it can adjust?
Old 05-24-2004, 10:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the MAFT tells the PCM there's a different amount of air coming in than their really is... it has both a part throttle and WOT throttle setting...

Part throttle tuning is to get the LTRIMs in order (bring LTRIMs to 0 or slightly negative) , once you're there you then do your part throttle tuning...

IMHO though unless you can get one used (and make sure it's one of the newer versions... they have like 50 quadrillion or 10 or something versions/revisions) for a really cheap price... you'd be much better w/something like a predator w/a custom tune or even better HP Tuners ... not quiet as easy as flipping a switch but you get alot more for your money (especially w/HPTuners ... you get a PCM Editor and a scanner in 1)
Old 05-24-2004, 07:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by horist
the MAFT tells the PCM there's a different amount of air coming in than their really is... it has both a part throttle and WOT throttle setting...

Part throttle tuning is to get the LTRIMs in order (bring LTRIMs to 0 or slightly negative) , once you're there you then do your part throttle tuning...

IMHO though unless you can get one used (and make sure it's one of the newer versions... they have like 50 quadrillion or 10 or something versions/revisions) for a really cheap price... you'd be much better w/something like a predator w/a custom tune or even better HP Tuners ... not quiet as easy as flipping a switch but you get alot more for your money (especially w/HPTuners ... you get a PCM Editor and a scanner in 1)
Aaaah. I got it cheap ($75 if I remember correctly)...and I have 98....is the HPTuners even out yet, or have they forsaken us 98ers?
Old 05-24-2004, 10:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Another_User
Aaaah. I got it cheap ($75 if I remember correctly)...and I have 98....is the HPTuners even out yet, or have they forsaken us 98ers?
yup it's out for the 98s... just started shipping I believe