2 different issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 09:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2 different issues

I get a lean spike when mass air is plugged in.[ frame 212]
92614scan lean spike.hpl

So ive been driving with it unplugged and 3 different times it has a bog under acceleration that has not lasted long then it goes back to normal. I did get to log it yesterday and timing is getting pulled to 0.5 [frame 212]
bog.hpl
tuneknock retard removed long term fuel trims turned on 2 timing increase up to 29 ricend up PE and .hpt
Old 10-11-2014, 12:44 PM
10 Second Club

Not sure if anyone has looked at log file, but one thing I noticed was the afr was were it was suppose to be when it was bogging. Wondering if im loosing rt. bank of cylinders with a bad connection on the coils. the afr is in the left side. would loosing one side cause it to cut timing?
Old 10-12-2014, 07:52 PM
10 Second Club

Just curious, has anyone looked at the log file but doesn't know what the problem is, or has no one looked at the file?
Old 10-23-2014, 04:26 AM
10 Second Club

Finally figured it out. TCC Relay was stuck and didn't open when the brake was pushed some how causing ETC to cut timing. First I disabled ETC LIMITS and the bog stopped and then when driving I realized the converter was acting up. Then I remembered talking to James whom had mentioned the brake sw. because it was bogging if I brake torqued it. I didn't think much about it at first because it had never bogged on the line at the drag strip. So driving to work yesterday I realize the TCC relay and wiring could cause this so I checked and sure enough the relay wasn't opening.
Old 06-02-2015, 06:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for posting this. I came across it while searching for solutions to my car's bogging problem. Turned out not to be me TCC relay but I wouldn't have even thought to check that. Posts like this are what make these boards so valuable.

Quick Reply: 2 different issues