Sponsored by:

Tune Review? Not happy with current tune

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 06:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tune Review? Not happy with current tune

So i just put in my lq4 l92 motor
I know i just got a rough tune emailed to me from my tuner, but it worries me that he said he was unsure how to scale the ls3 injectors, if ls3 maf was diff, among other things. That there scared me that i might not be going to the right guy

truck is running lean and is misfiring some. I know i need to log and get it on a dyno to get it good, but im still worried its not going to be peak with who i have.

Didnt know if anyone could review the tune file i have, efi .ctz file and tell me if it is ok for a rough mail tune, or is like way off.

l92 heads milled .015 .040 gasket
truck intake ls3 42lbs inj.
ls7 t.b.
long tubes, no cats, running front o2 sensors
btr .600 lift cam
Old 10-16-2014, 06:15 PM
Staging Lane

I havnt logged fuel trim yet since been busy, any info would be great! located in iowa if there is anywhere close that i could take it to to finish up tuning
Old 10-16-2014, 11:01 PM
On The Tree

with a setup like that your best bet is to find a local competent tuner.... if yours wasnt sure how to setup ls3 injectors, thats a huge red flag. they are stock gm injectors and tune very easily. Go to hptuners forum and find Dstek's ls3 converted data. The ls3 data in raw form cannot be used in an ls1 pcm as its the wrong format. Dstek converted it for us. Using his tables in the tune he posted just copy them to your ls1 tune and you'll be good to go.
Old 10-17-2014, 08:30 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the info! i will def take a look at it a start learning a little myself, hard to do as i have no spare time it seems like!

Thanks again!

Quick Reply: Tune Review? Not happy with current tune