Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Running Issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 07:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Running Issue

So, I finally got my LQ running in my C10. It only runs on 4 cylinders though. I have no fire out of my coils on bank 2. I am running a 411 PCM with a Camaro harness. I have checked all the wires to see if they are making good contact at all points in the coil plug and the PCM. The wires are all testing .2-.4 ohms. I have 12 volts at the ignition coil harness plug, and .2-.4 ohms between the ground pin and the ground wire at the coil harness plug. Does this mean that my PCM is faulty, or could it be something wrong with the tune? I had Brendan at LT1swap.com get rid of the VATS and emissions stuff. Is there anything that could accidentally be switched off during that tune process? Please don't take that the wrong way. I would not be upset in the least, in fact I would be happy that I don't have to buy another PCM. Thanks for any suggestions.

James
Old 11-30-2014, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts

Maybe the harness is off by 1 pin or something at the PCM? I don't think it's the tune because firing order can't be programed.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:11 AM
On The Tree

I double checked all the wires going to the pcm. There are 5 wires per bank. All the wires for the passenger side are in the correct location on the pins and they all ohm out to .2-.4 ohms. That is what is making me think the pcm is bad. Thanks for the suggestion. Anything else people?

James
Old 12-03-2014, 12:31 PM
On The Tree

So, turns out it was clogged fuel injectors. All 4 injectors on the passenger side were totally clogged. Cleaned them out with some carb cleaner and it is already running way better. Hitting on all 8 now. Going to run some fuel injector flush through it and see if that helps it even more. I can't see it hurting at all. Thanks for the help guys.

James
Old 12-03-2014, 02:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

[QUOTE=TypeSL2;18554939]So, turns out it was clogged fuel injectors. All 4 injectors on the passenger side were totally clogged. Cleaned them out with some carb cleaner and it is already running way better. Hitting on all 8 now. Going to run some fuel injector flush through it and see if that helps it even more. I can't see it hurting at all. Thanks for the help guys.

James[/QUOT

Use BK44, thats the best stuff, this is what the dealers use, only like NAPA and the auto dealers sell this..
Old 12-03-2014, 02:42 PM
On The Tree

I am using a MOC fuel injector flush. It's stuff I can get free from my work. If this doesn't work I will either try some other flush or just buy some new injectors. No biggie. Just glad I found the problem.

3 befores and 1 after just for comparison of what it should look like.

James

Quick Reply: Running Issue