Sponsored by:

No connection to ECU ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 01:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No connection to ECU ??

Hy all

so far i finished successfully my ls1 swap into a Chevy 51 pickup.

The engine is running everything seems to be fine.....but i get no connection to the ECU via OBD2

I do have a bluetooth elm327 .....according to the seller it is reading the ISO 15765 protocoll.

But the software scanmaster elm is finding no connection to the ecu.

I tried the elm interface in a BMW 1series.... so in this car everythin is working fine....

So i hope u can give me some support.....
Currently i dont have installed any instruments so i need the OBD2 scanning.

I dont want to run the engine for a longer time without knowing the oil pressure / water temp and so on

Thanks a lot
Achim
Old 12-03-2014, 07:09 AM
On The Tree

Do you have access to another OBD scanner? You should verify that there really is no communications from the ECU to the OBD connector with a wired plug-in scanner before trying to use the Bluetooth (wireless) setup.

Have you verified that the wiring between the ECU and the OBD connector is correct and all there? Do you have the wiring diagrams for that exact setup that you can verify with?

Have you tried different protocols with the ELM327? Try a different one and wait for it to work before trying another one. Those Bluetooth scanners can be real slow to connect and then read initially. Be patient.
Old 12-06-2014, 01:03 PM
Teching In

Hy

today i did another run....and finally i was able to get a connection to the PCM.

But only when the engine is running....that means only with the ingnition "on" i was not able to get a connection.

Is that normal ?

Thanks
Achim

Originally Posted by HwyStarJoe
Do you have access to another OBD scanner? You should verify that there really is no communications from the ECU to the OBD connector with a wired plug-in scanner before trying to use the Bluetooth (wireless) setup.

Have you verified that the wiring between the ECU and the OBD connector is correct and all there? Do you have the wiring diagrams for that exact setup that you can verify with?

Have you tried different protocols with the ELM327? Try a different one and wait for it to work before trying another one. Those Bluetooth scanners can be real slow to connect and then read initially. Be patient.

Quick Reply: No connection to ECU ??