PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ignorance To Tuners, ME! Looking for CRATE Motor/ECU support.

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 10:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Ignorance To Tuners, ME! Looking for CRATE Motor/ECU support.

Hey all, I need some advice on picking the RIGHT tuner. I've got some experience with Dynojet Power Vision tuners on my Harley. It has a module that can be mounted to the handle bars and you can auto tune and watch any parameter that the ECU can read. This is what I'd like to do with my LS3 motor. I've got a GM crate motor with a GM stand alone harness. I've asked Diablo and they say they don't have any support for crate motors. Anybody know who makes something for a crate motor that will self tune and has a small monitoring device that can be mounted to the dash. I'm thinking that the reason they don't support crate motors is cause there's no vin number to lock their device to. Thanks much.
Old 01-06-2015, 03:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know the MS3pro, microsquirt, EFIsource gold box, setups can output a CANbus signal straight to the 996 dash, to run the instruments.

And has for a couple of years now.

This route in not for the "check book" builders, there is some engineering, and re-engineering involved, but you would be going down a path others has been down.

http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewto...orsche#p314742

The drive by wire, on an LS3 wouldn't be controlled by a MS install tho.
Old 01-06-2015, 11:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 474 Likes on 354 Posts

Have you looked at the Holley Dominator? It will do everything you want including running drive by wire and control 4l60e and 4l80e and paddle shift. They have a 5.7" lcd to make changes in tune load tunes + monitor and log. They just came out with a dash that is around a 7" screen. It does have a self tuning feature that works really well but only for fuel tables. Many are using a windows based tablet for a dash.

Quick Reply: Ignorance To Tuners, ME! Looking for CRATE Motor/ECU support.