PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 Sticking Wide Open At Times? Tune?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 01:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS2 Sticking Wide Open At Times? Tune?

I've got a 2005 GTO that keeps sticking the throttle wide open intermittently. It primarily occurs on the first drive, if I go wide open throttle the first time. It's very hit and miss and may be a few weeks before it happens again.

There are no DTC's stored. The car is tuned via HP tuners, with light timing and fueling mods, as well as ETC Opening rates moved to 100% and ETC TPS max table moved to 100%.

All the cross checks for MAP/TPS/MAF are stock. At first I thought the floor mat may have been getting stuck, but that's not the case as I have replaced them with ones that can't get wedged anywhere near the pedal base.

The last few times, the pedal has visually been in the UP position....yet no DTC's have set for throttle correlation. I don't see ANYWHERE in the tune where it could be commanding WOT with 0% pedal input without setting a DTC.

I want to say there is a mechanical fault in the throttle pedal assembly causing the WOT condition, but I have yet to have the scanner on it when it happens so I can see the pedal position vs. throttle position.

So, I'm just wanting to see if there is anything in the tune that could have been changed to cause this? Seems like there are NO throttle pedal tables that could be accessed and changed that would cause WOT intermittently.

Quick Reply: LS2 Sticking Wide Open At Times? Tune?