Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

torque pro app for gauges e38

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 10:09 AM
TECH Regular

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Default torque pro app for gauges e38

Setting up a tablet is the easy part. What about multiple tablets? The ecu is a 2008 e38 from an 08 Express van. Can multiple obd2 ports and usb adapters be used? Been searching around quite a bit, and getting conflicting info.

Thanks
Old 04-01-2015, 01:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes you can
However, it will slow down the data rate if you scan a lot of PIDs
You only need to extend the CAN network and add another diagnostics port. Watch the location of the network terminator (resistor)
Old 04-02-2015, 03:42 PM
TECH Regular

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

OK, thanks for the info. I was planning on using obdlink usb adapters until I since figured out that the cable does not provide power to the tablet/ phone, and I don't think I want to mess with multiple bluetooth. So my new plan is to use the speedhut can bus gauges, and one tablet where the radio was.

http://www.speedhut.com/gauges/CAN-b...28OBD2%29/1:19

But for whatever reason, it says they cannot be used with any other obd2 device. I think it can be?

Wired like this?
Can bus wires from ecu(resistor) into and out of a dlc port, into and out of another dlc port and then to the tcm(resistor).

Would that work?

So it would be 5 can bus gauges, and then the tablet monitoring an additional 6-10 pids. Is that too many? I dont want the speedo and tach stepping if they can't sample fast enough.

Thanks for any help!

Quick Reply: torque pro app for gauges e38