Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default no starter after pcm swap?

hey guy i need some help/ direction here

car:04 cts-v (t56)
new tranny: 4l80e
harness: speartech add on
new pcm: 04 yukon with seg swap to 80e
stock 4l80e neutral switch: no
shifter:b&m quick silver (park switch wired to the factory clutch switch)

so before the swap the starter would work just fine.now i get nothing from trying to start it with the key. i have done the key relearn already and the car will run just fine if i leave the key in "run" and jump the starter.

i think i must have missed something in the swap wiring. maybe something in the pin outs between the 2 ecus?
Old 04-29-2015, 05:58 PM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

Since no one has replied, let me take a shot. Disclaimer: I have no experience with your vehicle.
Many vehicles run the starter solenoid signal through the Park/Neutral safety switch mounted on the side of the trans. Since your CTS-V started with a manual trans, the wiring will be a bit different than with an auto. While you could bypass the safety switch, it is very dangerous to especially kids and property. You may therefore want to add a 4L80E safety switch to your trans and wire that into the two lines that used to go to your clutch switch. The B&M shifter only grounds one signal in Park/Neutral; it is not really setup to pass the starter solenoid signal through it. Alternatively, if you are comfortable with electrical stuff, the B&M shifter could activate a relay which then closes the circuit from the ignition key to the starter solenoid. Check with Speartech too.

Again, I am guessing at how your car might be wired. Perhaps someone else has more precise ideas.

Finally, please update this post when you solve the problem.

Quick Reply: no starter after pcm swap?