Sponsored by:

Can't get into SD because MAF codes won't set

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 02:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Can't get into SD because MAF codes won't set

2002 camaro, 5.3, ls6 cam, 80lb siemens deka's, 4l60e, 3 bar OS

I just got the engine in 3 weeks ago. I spent most of the day on a Saturday trying to get it started up. I finally realized that I had a ground off in the headlight harness near the passenger headlight, I hooked it up, and the car fired right up right after. I have no idea if this was related, or just quiescence, but either way, the car was running.

I started the car up every day the following week, and it started and ran well. 8 days later on the following Sunday, the car would not start again, and has not started since.

I am currently not getting a maf code to set, and I'm thinking that is why the car is not starting.

This makes sense, this may have been why it took so long for the car to start the first time - it took it all day of cranking on and off for the code to finally come in. To further reinforce that thought, I think I remember my battery getting low to the point it had to be put on a charger, so that may have cleared the MAF code that was in there for the week while it was starting.

So my question is, why am I not setting the code for the MAF?

copied over from HPtuners maf dis.hpt

Quick Reply: Can't get into SD because MAF codes won't set