PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0171 my $100 fix..

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0171 my $100 fix..

I have an ls2 GTO 2006. K&n, slp headers, magnaflow exhaust, and o2 delete on the rear two.. Many other mods but these are the relevant... I dislike the k&n style just to start this off...
You will need a scan tool that reads data.. The barometric pressure and lt fuel trim... Sorry but I got one and it was $90 bucks at o Reilly's... Find out what your barometric pressure is in your area you live for example you can find the altitude and convert it: I added the table here.. Skip down and keep reading...

Now.. My Baro. Pres. is 29.8... So in my scan tool I should see 29.8... I seen 29.6 and thought that's close but is still hundreds of feet difference.. Needs to be dead nuts.. I reset code and drove until the light came back on.. 2 minutes.. I looked at my data with it running and got 30.1 then looked at freeze frame and it set the code when it was at 29.5.. That is too much fluctuation... So I replace MAF sensor which was 79.99 with giving your old one back to oreilly.. BUT wait!!!! Now my air filter here was very well lubricated (too well) and moist to the touch.. I take it and put a new one of those on there too so there at go I hope that helps a bunch of yall.. My car was simply fixed.. Use your brain and be easy on the filter oil.. Yall keep em straight out there... Oh yeah lt fuel trim is desirable around zero... Mine was 24 and up but 0 after fix... And I forgot to mention my scanner read bar pres. With inches HG... Good luck yall
Old 06-17-2015, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Now.. My second fix and now it's good... $43... P0171 a couple O2 sensor codes..

Upstream sensors read from about .050 to .950 and go up and down. My o2s11 was stuck at about .035 and .050. And wasn't changing or going up.. I replaced sensor cleared codes.. Runs like a queen and sensor is ramping up and down like normal.. I hope this is helpful.. My lt fuel trim is also normal.. Good luck yall

Quick Reply: P0171 my $100 fix..