PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wideband controller and HPTuners...

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 02:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wideband controller and HPTuners...

I will be purchasing HPTuners pro within the next 2 months, as well as ordering gauges for my Nova. I will be using Speedhut Revolutions..and would like to grab one of their AFR gauges.

Whose controller can I use to log with properly? I have read pros and cons on everyone's stuff ( AFX, PLX, AEM, Innovate) and just need to know real world advice. There is far too much him-hawing around with previous threads. If you have something negative to say, say it...but please explain why. I also hear some are hard as hell to properly setup and this my first time tuning EFI.

Thanks guys.

* I am leaning towards AEM because of simplicity and the tech support I have gotten so far*

Last edited by 58Rag; 10-06-2015 at 03:01 PM.
Old 10-07-2015, 12:53 AM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

The only downside to the AFX/Ballenger 500 is the higher price. Ensure you utilize the ngk sensor.
Old 10-07-2015, 01:08 PM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

What is the advantage of the NGK sensor over the Bosch UEGO?
My AEM gauges use the UEGO and seem just fine; I've hear some complaints that the AEM bounces around more than others, but I am used to it and perhaps don't know better.
Old 10-07-2015, 02:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mrvedit
What is the advantage of the NGK sensor over the Bosch UEGO?
My AEM gauges use the UEGO and seem just fine; I've hear some complaints that the AEM bounces around more than others, but I am used to it and perhaps don't know better.
It's a more rugged, robust sensor. Under equivalent conditions it'll last significantly longer than the bosch sensor. It's also considered "laboratory grade", I'm not sure what that eludes to.

Quick Reply: Wideband controller and HPTuners...