Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No spark on a 63 Nova conversion

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 08:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default No spark on a 63 Nova conversion

I have 63 Nova that I did a LS swap in. I'm using a 2007 6.0, a TechRods engine harness for a ls1, and a 0411 computer from a 2001 suburban. I tried to start it tonight and I have no spark. I used HPtuners and turned off the VATS but still no spark. It has 60psi fuel pressure and it seems to be operating the injectors, because I disconnected the pump, cranked the motor and the fuel pressure will drop. I checked the voltage coming to the harness and it has 12v with ignition on and in start mode is also 12v. Could there be an issue with using the Suburban comuter in a LS1 harness? I'm new to this so any help would be great.

Ken
Old 11-15-2015, 06:26 AM
Staging Lane

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Found out what the problem was. Four wires (Brown, Pink, Purple and green) were in the wrong position in the connector from the main harness to the coil harness. I disconnected the coil harness connector and checked where the the 12V pin was and checked it against my 04 GMC truck. The 12v was in the wrong place along with three other wires. The pink wire was in the brown wire's hole, the Brown wire was in the pink wire's hole, the Purple wire was in the Green wire's hole and the Green wire was in the Purple wire's hole. I swapped the wires around and it fires right up.

Ken

Quick Reply: No spark on a 63 Nova conversion