Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0172 ( and other side ) along with constant -14 LTFT at cruise

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 05:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default P0172 ( and other side ) along with constant -14 LTFT at cruise

but when I pull even MORE VE out in that range, I swear its lean surging.....Also get some kind of 02 heater error on warmup, the diagnostic screen reports O2 and O2 heater incomplete ( usually just the heater)..They cycle but this is on a 6.0l into 98 camaro transplant here is a recent log...the VE is barely above the idle ve and still pulling -14...if anyone has time take a log at my tune and log..LR headers..SLP loudmouth...new MAF..ported stock tb 42lb injectors....228/.580 112 cam ls6 heads 10 to 1....
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
RTT_Base_Correct.hpt (251.1 KB, 46 views)
File Type: hpl
-14WHY.hpl (434.3 KB, 50 views)
Old 11-18-2015, 06:19 PM
FormerVendor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Your VE doesnt look right. Are you disabling the MAF when tuning the VE?
Old 11-18-2015, 08:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No and I realize I should do that first then activate the MAF but I also know they do hand off and use one another....I am getting what should be my final exhaust configuration tomorrow and will start over disabling MAF...

Speaking off I have been reading till my head hurts on MAF tuning...when I try to load the MAF-STFT config on HPT site along with the accompanying histogram....the histogram always errors and tells me it cant load something...
no matter what config even the idle air config......it used to work it seems like....

with my "evolved" understanding it wouldnt care what VE was doing there at steady state cruise it should reference the MAF table which must be running the engine in a RICH state and the LTFTs are trying to compensate? I even got that error eventually which I ASSUME just means they have been running negative to long.....

Does the switching look normal? the correct speed? Those are new Corvette o2 ( for the long leads ) put in with the project fire up...I seem to get a lot of O2 system errors....

Been through the ringer had a bad ECU which was grounding pin 42 for TCC full time....SO I had to use 2 MORE credits just to get home....plus the 2 i messed up on, and the 2 for licensing the original PCM so 6 credits and i STILL DONT EVEN HAVE THE 2002 Camaro OS on....its kind of a bitter pill

Quick Reply: P0172 ( and other side ) along with constant -14 LTFT at cruise