PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any GP's or vendor discounts for HPTuners VCM Suite?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 03:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Any GP's or vendor discounts for HPTuners VCM Suite?

Howdy Folks -

Decided to sell my DiabloSport Predator (shameless plug: https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182646 ) and get into something a little more thorough, with some diagnostic scanning/logging, etc. Going with a cam soon and wanted some improved tuning control.

Anyway, I'm going to give the HPTuners product a try and was wondering what is the best purchasing channel? Direct? Are there any GP's on the VCM suite, or vendors with better than full list price?

Any info is greatly appreciated!
Old 06-15-2004, 04:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as of now it apprears to be available only direct.

Ryan
Old 06-15-2004, 06:07 PM
TECH Addict

But in all honesty, the price is more than reasonable compared to their competitors. The updates are a little steep...but they usually are.

Hey....how do you afford to keep buying all those vettes? I must learn the secret so I can afford one.
Old 06-15-2004, 08:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

We tried this before but it didnt work out very well, the best I was able to get was free shipping if enough people bought them at once.
Old 06-16-2004, 12:34 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the feedback!

I'll probably just go ahead and order it. It does seem like a great deal considering the edit/tune/scan features for the price. It looks like free updates for 6 months, or you can buy an extended upgrade to a year for ~$100 I believe.

All the feedback has been really positive the VCM Suite - I'm hoping with some solid tuning and the LT/FAST/S3/G5X2 setup I'll be running I can put down close to the same numbers a few other folks have hit, around 450rwhp, which is pretty decent with stock heads, stock exhaust and cats.

I know making those numbers (and keeping it nice and streetable) is all in the tuning . I didn't want to just "get a tune" somewhere and not be able to make follow-up changes!

I guess all the Vettes come from just good ol' effort - had/have a couple of tech companies, sold one, etc., started a new firm and captured a pretty slick vertical with medical analytics (and get to sit at my house and work which is a big plus, especially if the waves are breaking big across the street ) I took a slight detour between the 99 Coupe and the 03 Z06 and built a pretty nice Supra with a T04R single (~750HP on C16, ~550 on pump), suspension, rollbar, brakes, custom paint, lots of polishing and carbon fiber (if you visit any import sites, you probably have seen it, one of the first Graphite Grey Pearl paintjobs), but I always come back to the American Muscle

The wifey and I picked the Z up in KY through the museum (NCM) delivery program, did the plant tour, got to "first start" a Vette on the line, lots of fun (highly recommend the NCM tour if you're ever in Bowling Green, KY) - then we drove it back home to Vilano Beach, FL, like 800 miles through the Smokey Mountains which was an _incredible_ way to break it in. Some really beautiful areas of the country in KY, TN, NC/SC.

Seeya -

DT
Old 06-16-2004, 12:48 AM
Teching In

You never know what can happen if we get enough people. Im in.